West Yorkshire Meet???

Guest AndreanDaz

Guest AndreanDaz

Hi,

For those of you that are interested, I hope you don't mind but I've posted the same message on another site as I figured the more the merrier.

Andrea

Hi everyone,

I have just found and signed up to this forum - its a great idea! I am actually an Australian who has been living in the UK for 4 years now, but my fiance is British and we are looking to move out to Australia after we get married next year. We live in Scarborough and would love to join a Yorkshire meet if we would be welcome! Any details on the meet would be great!

Thanks

Nae

Guest AndreanDaz

Hi,

Short notice I know but we've decided to meet next weekend from 13.00pm onwards if everyone can make it?

There's someone on another site who is here in the UK but is returning to Oz two weeks today. I figured it could be useful for those of us who haven't already visited Oz to meet her and possibly gain some insight into experiences we may encounter along the way.

The venue is:

The Gilersome Arms

Gelderd Road

Gildersome, Morley

Leeds

LS27 7LL

Tel: 0113 238 3810

I'm told that there's a play area too for those of you with small children.

Andrea

Guest heljef1
Hi,

Short notice I know but we've decided to meet next weekend from 13.00pm onwards if everyone can make it?

There's someone on another site who is here in the UK but is returning to Oz two weeks today. I figured it could be useful for those of us who haven't already visited Oz to meet her and possibly gain some insight into experiences we may encounter along the way.

The venue is:

The Gilersome Arms

Gelderd Road

Gildersome, Morley

Leeds

LS27 7LL

Tel: 0113 238 3810

I'm told that there's a play area too for those of you with small children.

Andrea

Hi Andrea

Would love to meet up. Sunday 16th Nov at 1:00pm - is that correct? Just checking. . .lol:biglaugh:. . . wouldn't want to turn up and be the only ones there. . .lol:biglaugh:

See you there

Helen x

Guest AndreanDaz
sorry, have i missed the DAY? Hope its sunday may have to work Saturday. thanks for your trouble

Hi,

Yes it's next Sunday from 13.00pm see you there.

Andrea

Guest AndreanDaz
Hi Andrea

Would love to meet up. Sunday 16th Nov at 1:00pm - is that correct? Just checking. . .lol:biglaugh:. . . wouldn't want to turn up and be the only ones there. . .lol:biglaugh:

See you there

Helen x

Hi Helen,

Was beginning to think we were going to be the only ones there - see you Sunday

Andrea

Guest AndreanDaz

Hi,

I've called the pub today and they are not prepared to allocate a specific area for our meet. For those of you that haven't met before it's a case of keeping your eyes and ears opening and listening out for any talk of Oz.

Sorry I did try - see you Sunday

Andrea

Guest AndreanDaz

At the moment their are 4 families including us and two possibles, not many I know but with all those expressing an interest on here, if everyone turns up it should be a good day.

Andrea

Guest Tom the Pom

Was this the 'Mill House' I've never heard of the Gildersome Arms:nah:???

I might make an appearance (I'll have to contact my agent to check my diary)

What's the main subject for discussion???:chatterbox:

We would love to join you - from Halifax and just got our visa (bricklayer 175 visa) but can't make this Sunday. If you decide to get together again please let me know as we would love to come, such a good thing to get together on this amazing journey for lots of reasons.

Have a great time on Sunday and enjoy yourself.

Amanda, Steve and Maisie Jayne xx

Guest AndreanDaz

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure I believe it could have been called the Mill House, just had a refurb and changed it's name I think.

Andrea

Guest Tom the Pom

Bugger!!!

I'm going to be 3/4 of the way to Blackpool on Sunday - I would really have loved to have attended and chat with you all.

I'm sure you will all be putting the world to rights without me!!!

Guest carrie'n'si

Hi everyone,

Have just registered on site and we live in Wakefield. Have had our visa for 3 years but have been trying to sell our house for two years. We are both very frustrated but have had two offers this morning so fingers are crossed. We (Caroline,Simon and Jonah 6) would love to meet up on Sunday. We are hoping to go to the sunshine coast asap and I am spending hours on the internet tring to sort everything out.

So see you all on Sunday.

Guest bbbinks

Hi ian electrican leeds, sue wife, thanks , but a bit short notice for the meet, hope to make it later if oh finishes my cousins rewire, hope everyone hasnt gone home by the time we get there, cheers sue and ian

Archived